ISKANDAR PUTERI – UEM Sunrise Berhad (“UEM Sunrise” or the “Company”), one of Malaysia’s leading property developers and master developer of Iskandar Puteri continues to be committed in executing the masterplan for Iskandar Puteri which entails the development of residential precincts, industrial hubs, commercial structures, retail developments and significant infrastructures while maintaining a substantial area as Iskandar Puteri’s green lung.
UEM Sunrise’s developments in Johor have been progressing well with the commencement and completion of several key projects including the operation of developments which are catalytic in nature.
Speaking to the media in conjunction with the Company’s media familiarisation trip to its developments in Johor and sales gallery in Singapore, Kenny Wong Koon Keng, Chief Marketing Officer of UEM Sunrise said, “Today, 76% of UEM Sunrise’s developable landbank (9,990 acres) is in Johor, with 49% or 6,379 acres in Iskandar Puteri and the remaining in Desaru, Kulai and Mersing, which have yet to be launched. We had two key launches in Johor for 2018, namely Serimbun and 68° Avenue, achieving sales of RM456.8 million during the year.
The completion and handover of Estuari Gardens and Almas Suites also took place in 2018.
UEM Sunrise then started January 2019 well with the completion of Denai Nusantara and launch of Aspira ParkHomes. Response to Aspira ParkHomes is encouraging, attracting considerable interest with over 60% bookings to date.”
Kenny also shared that Iskandar Puteri has been earmarked as the centre for investment, financial and business opportunities, supported by a comprehensive masterplan and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
Contained within it are:
- Kota Iskandar – The Johor government’s administrative centre with federal and state government offices
- Puteri Harbour – An integrated waterfront development with a 13.5km coastline
- Southern Industrial and Logistics Clusters – A managed industrial park for “clean” industries, that is, advanced technology, health and nutrition, logistics and biotechnology
- Afiat Healthpark – A hub for modern, traditional and complementary medicine, healthcare and wellness
- EduCity – An education hub that includes international education institutions and state-of-the-art research centres, campuses and sports facilities
- Gerbang Nusajaya – The economic and business engine of Iskandar Puteri, serving as an important gateway into Iskandar Malaysia from the south
While crucial to the development of Iskandar Puteri as a city, UEM Sunrise regards these aspects as catalytic in realising its vision to go beyond merely building spaces but to build the community as well.
“Our vision is simple: we want to build great homes and happy sustainable communities of the future with carefully curated lifestyles. We have been building on the strength of our EVE philosophy, which is Exciting, bringing Value and Easy to own. Through this, we continue to listen to our customers, enhance our value propositions and strategise accordingly while improving the efficiency and quality of dealing with them.
We are also committed to support the Government’s aspiration of easier home ownership for the rakyat by continuing to build homes with well-planned residential facilities,” added Kenny.
Additionally, UEM Sunrise’s developments contribute towards the nation’s economic development. Iskandar Puteri is part of the ambitious Iskandar Malaysia development that is set to transform Johor into an international metropolis.
Between 2006 and 2018, Iskandar Malaysia attracted a total of RM285.341 billion in investments and created a total of 740,000 jobs.
This article is contributed by UEM Sunrise.