Kopitiam and NTUC FairPrice Finest announced as first two anchor tenants of the retail mall
Singapore, 17 October 2016 – Lendlease, an international property solutions provider with over 40 years’ experience in Singapore, today unveiled Paya Lebar Quarter, an urban regeneration mixed use development bringing together progressive workplaces, dining, shopping and generous green public spaces. The project is set to catalyse the area’s regeneration into a bustling, pedestrian friendly new city precinct while retaining its cultural richness.
Expected to be completed in phases with retail and commercial in H2 2018 and residential in H1, 2019, Paya Lebar Quarter will be a significant landmark of Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA) 12-hectare Paya Lebar Central, the most centrally located regional commercial hub in Singapore.
Located just 10 minutes from the CBD by car or train, the 3.9 hectare Paya Lebar Quarter development enjoys excellent connectivity with direct connections to the Paya Lebar MRT interchange. Aligned with Singapore’s vision to be a car-lite city, Paya Lebar Quarter is one of the first developments to incorporate a cycling path within the precinct that facilitates a continuous connection to the wider Park Connector Network. Office occupants will also have access to end-of trip- facilities, making active commuting to work, such as cycling, a reality.
“Urban regeneration is a key pillar of Lendlease’s strategy and it comprises over 70% of Lendlease’s SGD49.3 billion international development pipeline. With its central location, Paya Lebar Quarter will lead the way in regenerating the area and will turn it into a vibrant hub offering a new and dynamic city life,” said Mr Richard Paine, Managing Director of Paya Lebar Quarter.
“Lendlease celebrates a love of cities, urban living and design. We pride ourselves on creating great places. Paya Lebar is an area rich in cultural heritage – this adds character to our project, and enhances the community’s distinctive sense of place and identity,” Mr Paine added.
The Paya Lebar Quarter architecture responds to the area’s heritage with inspiration drawn from the intricate weaving patterns of the Songket, a traditional brocade textile of the Malay culture; the design language and gold-and-silver colour palette for the façade seek to unify the buildings and public areas to seamlessly weave the seven buildings into a single tapestry.
From the start of the planning for Paya Lebar Quarter, Lendlease has been closely engaged with community stakeholders, ensuring that its design enables social inclusivity and builds community heartware, an increasingly important consideration as cities urbanise. One of the signature features of Paya Lebar Quarter is the generous provision of 100,000 square feet of green public spaces (the size of more than 20 basketball courts). These public spaces will be where the community can bond and build a network of relationships through spontaneous interactions, collective celebrations and new friendships among those who live, work and play at Paya Lebar Quarter. There will be a covered outdoor event space, which will also help enhance a strong community spirit and culture by hosting large scale celebratory, festive and community events.
“We are glad that the distinctive cultural heritage and community spirit of this area is reflected in Paya Lebar Quarter,” said Prof Fatimah Lateef, Member of Parliament (MP) for Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency (GRC) for the ward of Geylang Serai. She has been very proactive engaging Lendlease, together with her volunteers, giving feedback and being updated on the project regularly. She added, “The development complements and adds to the revitalisation of the precinct as well as the dynamism of the area. It will complement the adjacent development of Wisma Geylang Serai, due for completion in 2018. This area will be a new place for the community to hangout and to own. It is befitting as a location in the Geylang-Paya Lebar sub-regional centre.”
Progressive and Creative Place-making
Paya Lebar Quarter will serve a working population of 22,000 in the local catchment area within 7 minutes’ walk and approximately one million residents in the trade area. When the wider Paya Lebar Central precinct is fully developed, Paya Lebar Quarter is expected to have 52,000* workers in its immediate catchment.
Mall: The Paya Lebar Quarter mall will be the social heart of a vibrant Paya Lebar retail precinct, with over 200 retail shops offering a multitude of exciting indoor and parkside dining, lifestyle and fashion options for residents, office executives and shoppers.
NTUC FairPrice Finest and Kopitiam are the first two anchor tenants to sign up at Paya Lebar Quarter mall, taking over 22,000 sq ft and 15,000 sq ft of space respectively.
Kopitiam will be delivering a new brand name concept food court. “We are happy to be part of a very exciting emerging retail and lifestyle hub at Paya Lebar Quarter, right in the heart of a precinct rich in culture and heritage. We look forward to bringing a refreshing dining experience to the employees, commuters and residents of this new retail precinct,” said Mr Alden Tan, Chief Executive Officer of Kopitiam.
Workplace: Three Grade A office towers with close to one million square feet of high quality work space will be within the development. These offices are designed for businesses that embrace a progressive work culture that promotes collaboration, health and wellbeing, flexibility and productivity.
Residences: Park Place Residences at Paya Lebar Quarter comprises three towers with 429 units that offer residents a private sanctuary in a vibrant and centrally located city precinct. Residents can enjoy a connected city lifestyle with easy access to a myriad of amenities, activities and green public spaces.
Building a Green, Active, Engaged Precinct
Paya Lebar Quarter’s sustainability vision focuses on building an Active, Green and Engaged environment for people who live, work and play there. The development is on track towards being the first development to achieve the BCA Green Mark 2015 Platinum rating.
In addition, the project has also incorporated evidence-based design strategies across the precinct to enhance occupant health and wellbeing.
“Lendlease has always had a reputation as a sustainability leader. In FY15, we have received 69 awards recognizing our global environmental and social leadership,” said Mr Paine.
Lendlease brings its international experience in large-scale urban regeneration projects like Barangaroo South, Darling Square, Victoria Harbour in Australia; Elephant Park and The International Quarter London; and Riverline in Chicago to Paya Lebar Quarter, while tapping on its local expertise having operated in Singapore for 43 years and delivered over 400 projects.
FACT SHEET: Key Features and Facilities
– Paya Lebar Quarter is situated at the junction between Paya Lebar Road and Sims Avenue
– Paya Lebar MRT interchange is the eighth most visited station in Singapore with approximately 100,000 visitors a day
– The site comprises two adjacent parcels, and Lendlease was awarded the bid on 1st April 2015
– End development value is at an estimated S$3.2 billion
– Total site area of 3.9 hectares
– Gross floor area approximately 1.8 million square feet
– Construction commenced in January 2016 with the commercial and retail components slated for completion in H2 2018, and the residential component by H1, 2019
– A total of seven buildings across the 99-year leasehold site
– Appointed architects: DP Architects and Grant Associates
Location and Connectivity
– 10 minutes to the CBD by car/train and 15 minutes to Changi Airport by car
– Dual MRT interchange (Circle and East-West Lines) with close to 80 per cent of all MRT stations in Singapore within 30 minutes transit
– More than 20 bus routes to connect island wide
– Connected to the Pan Island Expressway, the East Coast Parkway and the Nicoll Highway
– 22,000 working population residents within seven minutes’ walk and over 1 million residents in the trade area
– 100,000 square feet of lush green public spaces
– 20,000 square feet of covered outdoor Plaza with year round festivals, community events, celebrations, pop-up events
– Effortless cyclist and pedestrian access paths via the Park Connector Network and end-of-trip facilities
– Security zone to park the bicycles, accessible by access card, initially catered for tenants
– Three grade A office towers with approximately 1 million square feet of Grade A office space housing circa 10,000 employees when fully occupied
– Towers 1 and 2 will have 14 floors each while Tower 3 has 13 floors
Residential (Park Place Residences)
– Three residential towers comprising of 429 apartments, with 17 floors each
– Good mix of one to three-bedroom apartments
– Lush landscaping and green features such as vertical gardens cladding the development
– Plans for project sales launch in H1 of 2017
– Prime retail destination with approximately 340,000 square feet of space, 200 shops across six floors plus one entertainment floor
– New experiential parkside alfresco dining
– One of the largest entertainment retail precincts in the east
– First Lendlease project in Singapore to incorporate the Public Utilities Board’s (PUB) Active Beautiful Clean (ABC) Waters design principles
– On track to be the first mixed-use development of this scale to be certified for the BCA GreenMark Platinum 2015 rating
Lendlease is a leading international property and infrastructure group. We are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with 12,000 employees worldwide. Our capabilities span the entire property spectrum – development; investment management; project management & construction and asset & property management – and our expertise covers multiple sectors including commercial, life sciences, residential, retail, hospitality and education.
Lendlease’s vision of creating the best places – places that meet the varied, nuanced and personal needs of the people who live and work there – is achieved by curating an indelible connection between people and places.
We create innovative, sustainable and quality property solutions, forging partnerships and delivering value to clients, investors and communities. Through design and investment in new technologies, we are delivering the next generation of sustainable property solutions. Safety is our number one priority and we are committed to operating Incident & Injury Free.
For more information about Lendlease, please visit www.lendlease.com.
We are known as 联实 in Chinese.