We’ve compiled a brief list of things you may not know about this southern state.
1. Johor is the only state in Malaysia with its own army force
The Royal Johor Military Force (RJMF)is an independent military force raised in 1886 by Abu Bakar, the first sultan of Johor. The RJMF is believed to be the oldest military unit in Malaysia and falls under the control of the Sultan of Johor.
2. Johor state has the most theme parks in the country!
There are currently 9 parks in operation;
- Sanrio Hello Kitty Town
- Angry Bird Park
- Austin Heights Water and Adventure Park
- Dinosaurs Alive Water Themepark
- TS Wonderland Indoor Themepark
- Tiram Indoor Water Themepark
- La Stella Water Themepark
- Wet World Batu Pahat Village Resort
That’s not all, 4 more are set to join this list in the near future:
- Desaru Coast Water Themepark
- Sunway Iskandar Themepark
- Capital 21
- Greenland Kids (G-Kids) Themepark
3. The Johor Sultan is a car aficionado
Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar has a penchant for cars and recently forked out close to a million ringgit for a number plate. In August 2016, he paid RM 989,780 for the coveted ‘V1’ registration number.
4. Johor Darul Takzim (JDT) is the first Malaysian football club to have a feeder team
In sports, a farm team or most commonly known as a feeder team, is a team or club whose role is to provide experience and training for young players, with an agreement that any successful players can move on to a higher level at a given point.
Originally published in iProperty Malaysia.