Barbie has had a few careers in her 60 years but she can now add a short-stay host to the list, as she opens up her Malibu Beach home to guests. Four lucky guests will have a chance to book the house for a once-in-a-lifetime two-night stay but you’ll have to get up early to be in the running.
The glamorous Airbnb listing opens for reservations on October 24, 2019, at 5 am AEST (October 23, 2019, at 11 a.m. PDT).
At just $87.40 per night, it certainly won’t break the bank, and there are some epic Barbie-themed perks to be had including a whopping four decks to enjoy the view from, an infinity pool as well as an outdoor bath.
The next-level two-bedroom contemporary beach home has wardrobes full of Barbie-friendly costumes including spacesuit, aerobics outfit and firefighter’s uniform so you’ll want to make time for plenty of costume changes.
You’ll also be able to party till you drop by the pool with her oversized hot-pink beatbox sound system with matching the electric guitar.
During the day you can enjoy craft-time in the dedicated art space, work up a sweat on the hot pink exercise court with meditation space or enjoy a movie in the cinema room.
Sadly the waterslide pictured isn’t part of the deal, as Barbie travels with her waterslide (according to the media release).
According to the media release, the Barbie Dreamhouse Airbnb experience also includes:
- A meet-and-greet with hairstylist and girl boss, Jen Atkin, along with hair makeovers from hairstylists from Mane Addicts Creator Collective.
- A one-on-one fencing lesson with an inspirational role model and fencing medalist Ibtihaj Muhammad.
- An interactive, globally-inspired cooking lesson with one of Malibu’s favourite female business owners, Gina Clarke-Helm of Malibu Seaside Chef.
- A behind-the-scenes tour of Columbia Memorial Space Center with pilot and aerospace engineer Jill Meyers.
- A gallery wall and mementoes that celebrate her notable accomplishments from her medical degree to her pilot’s license and her many other honours and distinctions.
We suggest setting your alarm early because there’ll surely be plenty of fans that would be overjoyed to live out their Barbie-themed fantasies with their very own dream homestay.
Originally published as Stay at Barbie’s Malibu dream home by Erinna Giblin.